The motto of the world's largest youth organization is “To Make the Best Better.” This is honored by Monsanto as we are proud to share and support the motto of 6.8 million youth, aged 5-21, who are involved in 4-H programs annually. 4-H can be found in every county in every U.S. state, as well as the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and more than 80 countries around the world.
As 4-H programs continue to develop youth to reach their fullest potential through developing life skills, learning by doing, and utilizing the knowledge of the land-grand university system, we at Monsanto directly support the program in many ways, including the 4-H Volunteer Initiative, which attracts volunteers who coordinate local community clubs and help to plan and conduct local, regional, state and national 4-H events.
Some facts about 4-H:
- Represented in more than 3,000 U.S. counties
- 6 million members
- 518,000 4-H volunteers
- 60 million alumni members
- 36% of members live in towns with populations under 10,000 and are considered rural and non-farm
- 12% of members live on farms
- 30% of members live in central cities with populations of more than 50,000 (including their suburbs)
- 53% of members are female
- 47% of members male
Learn more about 4-H on the organization's website.