NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NE CESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS C ONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Sponsor. The Sponsor of this program is Monsanto Company (the "Sponsor"), 800 N. Lindbergh Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63167.
2. Program Entry Period: Entries for this program must be received between 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time on June 9, 2014 and 11:59:59 p.m. Central Time on July 6, 2014 (the "Program Entry Period"). Program Voting Period: Votes for this program must be submitted beginning 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time July 21, 2014 and ending on 11:59:59 p.m. Central Time August 3, 2014 (the "Program Voting Period"). Maximum 1 vote per person per day during the Program Voting Period.
3. Eligibility. County Eligibility—This program is open to any individual nominating a non-profit entity based in the Greater St. Louis Metro Area (as defined below).
The Greater St. Louis Metro Area includes the following counties:
Missouri—Franklin County, Jefferson County, Lincoln County, St. Charles County, City of St. Louis, St. Louis County, Warren County, and Washington County.
Illinois—Bond County, Calhoun County, Clinton County, Jersey County, Macoupin County, Madison County, Monroe County, and St. Clair County.
Individual Eligible—Persons nominating an eligible charity (each an "Entrant") must be 18 years or older and must nominate an eligible "charity" or "unit of government" that they believe has the ability to grow St. Louis and help it become a better place.
Eligible Charities—In order to be eligible to receive an award from Monsanto under this program (an "Award"), the charity selected by an Entrant (a "Charity") must be a tax-exempt public charity, meaning that the Charity must be recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) or as a "unit of government" under Section 170(c)(1). Section 501(c)(3) is a section of the Internal Revenue Code that establishes criteria for tax-exempt charitable organizations. Section 170(c)(1) refers to agencies that conduct business to benefit the public at large, such as public schools, libraries and municipalities. Any Charity that discriminates based on race, creed, ethnicity, religion, sex, age or national origin is not eligible to receive an Award. Section 7 of these Official Rules includes other requirements regarding Awards.
Not Eligible to Enter a Project—The following are not eligible to nominate a Charity: (i) officers, directors, and employees of Monsanto (the "Sponsor"), or of any of its representatives or advertising/promotion agencies; (ii) officers, directors, and employees of Monsanto Company, or of any of its subsidiaries or affiliates; (iii) officers, directors and employees of any dealers, sales representatives or advertising/promotion agencies of Monsanto Company or of any of its subsidiaries or affiliates; and (iv) immediate family members of any of the officers, directors or employees listed in (i), (ii), or (iii) above. All those mentioned here are eligible to vote on a project. Individuals will be able to vote 1 time per day during the Program Voting Period.
Eligible Projects—Projects may be submitted by an eligible Charity if the fundamental basis of the project is to help grow St. Louis positively. Some examples include but are not limited to, health and nutrition, education, parks and recreation, infrastructure, St. Louis landmarks, the arts and entertainment.
4. Entry. No purchase necessary to enter or win. There are two ways to enter this program, as described below. Entries may only be made according to the procedures described in these Official Rules.
A. To enter the program online, visit www.stlgrown.com and submit an entry during the Program Entry Period. All Entrants are required to complete all required registration information (including, without limitation, your name, mailing address, other contact information, and an eligible charity’s name, contact information, Tax ID number, and a description on how the grant would be used). All entries must be completed within the Program Entry Period to be eligible to win. All submissions become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
B. To enter the program by mail, please go to www.stlgrown.com to print out the official rules and nomination form. Once completed, please mail to Monsanto Grow St. Louis, 349 Marshall Ave. Suite 200. St. Louis, MO 63119. Entries must be received by the Sponsor within the Program Entry Period. Entries received after the end of the Program Entry Period will not be accepted. Limit one entry per envelope. All submissions become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
C. Entries that do not comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time, not solely limited to those in which, in its opinion, is offensive, contains unsuitable material, threatens the safety or well being of any entrant, or if it is determined that the Entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. Limit one entry per person, regardless of method of entry. Entries in excess of this limit are void. To be valid, each entry must provide all information requested.
5. Winner Selections: On or about August 04, 2014, five winners will be selected based on number of votes received during the Program Voting Period. Winners will be notified by phone and/or e-mail on or about August 04, 2014.
6. Voting: No purchase necessary to vote. There are two ways to vote within this program, as described below. Votes may only be made according to the procedures described in these Official Rules.
A. To vote online, visit the official program Facebook page and vote during the Program Voting Period. Limit 1 vote per person per day.
B. To vote by mail, please go to www.stlgrown.com to print out the official rules and voting form. Once completed, please mail the voting form to Monsanto Grow St. Louis, 349 Marshall Ave. Suite 200. St. Louis, MO 63119 during the Program Voting Period Entries must be postmarked during the Program Voting Period and received by the Sponsor by August 3, 2014. Votes received after the end of the Program Voting Period will not be accepted. Limit one vote per envelope. If using a mail in voting form, all lines on the form must be filled out by no other individual than the voter. All voting forms must be signed and dated by the voter. By signing and dating the voting form, you acknowledge that you yourself have filled out the form and no other person.
All mail in forms will be stamped with a receipt date once retrieved from the PO box. No more than 5 days may pass between the date on the voting form and the receipt stamp.
7. Awards: Five grand prizes of $20,000 will be awarded to the Charity nominated with the highest vote total in each of the five categories. The Award must be used by the Charity to improve local communities in the Greater St. Louis Metro area in which the Charity is based. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the program at any time. All details about the Awards and Awards not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by the Sponsor at its sole discretion. No Entrant or Charity may win more than one Award in connection with this program. If an Entrant or Charity wins more than one Award, the greatest Award will be honored and any additional Award will be forfeited by the Entrant or Charity and the Charity nominated in the entry with the next highest total of votes received will receive such Award. Prior to a winning Charity’s receipt of an Award, the Charity and the corresponding Entrant shall each execute and Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release.
8. Use of an Award: A Charity that is eligible to receive an Award must provide the Sponsor with written notice of how the Charity proposes to use the Award prior to and as a condition to receipt of such Award. Such proposed project must be within the Greater St. Louis Metro area. Failure to provide a proposed project for use of the Award that is consistent with these Official Rules, will result in forfeiture of such Award and the Charity nominated in the entry with the next highest total of votes received will receive such Award.
Awards may not be used for any of the following: (a) individual aid or personal support; (b) underwriting deficits; (c) fraternal, labor or veterans’ organizations, unless the project benefits the general public; (d) benefits, dinners or advertisements; (e) religious, politically partisan, or similar groups; (f) endowments; (g) activities that directly support marketing programs; or (h) projects in which Monsanto Company has a financial interest, or from which either one could derive a financial benefit. Determinations of whether the proposed use of funds meets the criteria described herein shall be made in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
9. Conditions: By participating in this program, each Entrant agrees as follows: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules which are final and binding in all respects, and to comply with all decisions of the Sponsor with regard to the Official Rules, their interpretation or application; (b) that he or she meets all the eligibility requirements under these Official Rules; and (c) to comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
By participating in the program, each Entrant also, without additional compensation: (a) grants permission for the Sponsor, and those acting pursuant to the Sponsor’s direction, to use his or her name, home town name, picture, portrait, likeness, voice, biographical information, and comments made in connection with the program in any and all advertising and promotional materials, worldwide, and/or on the world wide web, relating to the program, and similar programs which may be offered by the Sponsor; (b) agrees that the Sponsor may make slight stylistic modifications to his or her comments, which do not materially alter the original meaning; (c) waives any right to review or approve any such use; (d) agrees that all media or other materials created by the Sponsor are the property of the Sponsor, including but not limited to any copyright therein; (e) agrees that the release of information about being chosen as a winner, including dissemination to the public and media through any channels, will be made solely by the Sponsor; and (f) releases the Sponsor from any and all claims for libel, copyright, invasion of privacy or rights of publicity pertaining to such use.
11. Taxes. The winner is responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes. When required by federal law, Sponsor will report the names of the winner and the value of the prize won by the winner to the Internal Revenue Service.
12. Additional Conditions. In the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, a winner and/or Charity may forfeit any Award won and an alternate winner will be selected. Each Entrant agrees to, accepts and shall abide by these Official Rules of this program and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this program, rule interpretation or award of any Award, shall be resolved by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of this program or in the announcement of any winner(s) or Award(s). Use of any automated entry software is prohibited. Mechanically reproduced or faxed entries are void. Sponsor and any telephone network or service providers are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, illegible, incomplete, misdirected, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, human, printing or other errors, technical malfunctions, lost/ delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment or software, inability to access any web site or online service, or any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this program, or any other technical or other error or malfunction. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason Sponsor is unable to run this program as planned, or if any computer or web site associated with this program does not allow the proper playing of the program and the processing of entries per these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by Entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this program, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, modify or suspend this program or any portion thereof. In the event this program is cancelled, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Awards, based on the voting results, from among all eligible, non-suspect, entries received for the program prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. This program is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. In the event of termination of the program, a notice will be posted online. The Sponsor may disqualify any person based upon fraud, dishonesty, and violation of rules or other misconduct.
13. Hold Harmless/Release. By participating, each Entrant agrees to hold harmless Sponsor, participating sponsors, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies from any liability whatsoever, and waive and release such parties from any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional) arising out of or in connection with the event or acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of any prize or Award, participation in any promotion-related activity, or participation in the promotion, whether under a theory of contract, torts (including, without limitation, negligence), warranty, or any other theory or cause of action.
14. Miscellaneous. Each Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this program, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of Missouri, (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this program, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances, will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the program, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Missouri, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions.
15. Winners List. To view previous winners, please visit stlgrown.com.
16. Copy of Rules. To obtain a copy of the "Official Rules" for the program, please visit stlgrown.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Monsanto Grow St. Louis, Attn: Official Rules, 349 Marshall Ave. Suite 200. St. Louis, MO 63119
Downloadable Rules & Eligibility