What is the Gothenburg Water Utilization Learning Center?
The Gothenburg Water Utilization Learning Center was developed to provide answers and solutions to current questions and issues raised in production agriculture. Our focus at the Learning Center, is to help farmers achieve their yield and productivity goals with an emphasis on water utilization.
At a Glance
- Gothenburg, NE
- 324 acre research farm
- Average annual rainfall of 23 inches
- Soil type is a silt loam
Experience the Gothenburg Learning Center Online Tour
Click the map below to explore actual research topics, such as:
- Water utilization over the decades
- Systems-based approach to managing drought
- Does a modern-day hybrid utilize water more effectively than a hybrid 50 years ago?
- Should a 300 bu/a corn crop get fertilized the same as a 200 bu/a corn crop?
- How much area does it take to produce a bushel of corn and a bushel of soybeans over 100 years?
- Refuge and Genuity® traits
- What are the tillage and hybrid effects on Goss’s Wilt infection?
- Corn and soybean water use efficiency in dryland and irrigation