All application materials must be submitted in English electronically by the student’s major professor (graduate advisor) at the university where he/she is applying for the Ph.D. in rice or wheat breeding.
Please submit ONE copy of your completed application, which includes the following below, as one attached document or PDF and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A completed application form (Download application form here)
- A project proposal, not to exceed five double-spaced pages, including the budget detail. The budget must include expenses required by the collaborating institution
(See project proposal and budget details)
- Curriculum Vitae of student
- Curriculum Vitae of Advising Professor/Scientist (not to exceed 5 pages each)
- Curriculum Vitae of Collaborating Professor/Scientist (not to exceed 5 pages each)
- Scanned official transcripts of prior university course work AND degree obtained.
- Letter from Collaborating Professor/Scientist stating willingness to collaborate
- A letter of commitment from applicant that he/she expects to work in public sector after the completion of their doctoral studies.
- Two letters of recommendation from colleagues other than advising and collaborating professor/scientist that speak to the significance of the proposed project and the applicant’s qualifications
- Applications larger than 5MB should be arranged such that no email is transmitted that is larger than 5MB.
All application materials, including letters of recommendations, must be received between November 1, 2015 to February 1, 2016.
An internationally recognized panel of judges will then review all proposals and return its decision on the proposals selected in March 2016.