Throughout our organization, you’ll find a real commitment to technology, to innovation and to your engineering career. Along with helping farmers produce healthier foods, better feed and renewable fuels, we continue to invest more than £650 million every year to discover and deliver innovative technologies. This also helps develop your skills and keeps you on the cutting edge.
Our engineers thrive on challenges, and they all passionately work to advance chemistry, manufacturing and biotech in imaginative ways. At Monsanto, we’ll give you the opportunity to apply your skills and contribute, advancing the state of the art in chemistry, manufacturing, and biotechnology. We also offer blended career paths that give you the opportunity to collaborate and apply your critical thinking to the most vexing issues we face as a people.
Engineering at Monsanto takes many forms including:
- Chemical/Process Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Project or Area Leads
- Civil Engineers
- Drafting/Design Engineers
- Process Safety Engineers
Monsanto is a dynamic organization that offers a variety of imaginative ways for engineers to apply your skills and contribute, advancing the state of the art in chemistry, manufacturing, and biotechnology.
Roles in engineering range from entry to senior level engineer in the chemical, mechanical and electrical disciplines. Other opportunities include project management and design. At all levels, these professionals will have the opportunity to work on many projects, lead or be a part of diverse teams, and define their own paths. You can build an Engineering career in our St. Louis headquarters and throughout our global organization.
- Responsible for the full cycle of the project, including planning, organizing, direct control and leading the project from concept to completion and closure
- Coordinate with Environmental, Safety and Health, and local architectural and engineering firms when applicable
- Project engineering and management for industrial projects, including feasibility studies, scope determination, detailed design, cost estimation, planning and scheduling, construction, startup, obtaining permits and completing project documentation
- Develop engineered solutions for day-to-day operating problems, long-term business needs, and regulatory compliance
- Coordinate interface with the project customer to ensure that the functional definition and project scope are well defined and agreed upon
- Ensure change management, routine communication and proper approvals are complete
- Engage engineering resources to develop design and appropriation grade cost estimates