Monsanto brings to market some of the most revolutionary products in the industry. And we continue to invest more than $1 billion every year to discover and deliver innovative technologies. That translates into a trait pipeline and the support your sales career needs to thrive.
As part of our expanding sales team, you’ll benefit from Monsanto’s goal to increase our market share and continue to earn the trust of our dealers and customers. We have a growing pipeline of highly effective products across our three business areas of cotton, canola and vegetable seeds. To learn more about these ranges please visit our products page.
Our Regional Business Managers and Business Development Manager work within a team to cultivate deep relationships with a broad range of individuals including resellers, rural stores, nurseries and growers to deliver the Monsanto brand experience through recommendations and training.
Some of the features of these roles include:
- The ability to create and implement marketing plans and sales strategies for your specific territory
- The opportunity to positively impact the success of farming operations in your local community
- These roles do include local travel to visit with growers, customers, rural stores and nurseries – a company car is provided
- Sales training and continuous opportunities for career development and advancement
At Monsanto, the sales team is a crucial link between our products and our customers. We rely on them to cultivate deep relationships with our dealers, customers and growers. Through these relationships, they help to deliver the Monsanto brand experience through specific recommendations of our products. We look for candidates that display a true desire to partner with growers and help them find quality solutions based on their specific needs and challenges.
Other skills we look for:
- Bachelors Degree preferred in agronomy, agriculture, business, biology or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years of professional sales/account management experience or one or more years of sales experience working in the agriculture industry
- Demonstrate self motivation, initiative, assertiveness, and results orientation
- Ability to successfully work in a fast-paced changing environment
- Previous experience successfully working in teams
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Desire for long term career advancement (i.e., Marketing, Product Management, Logistics, Training, Finance)
- Basic computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook)
- Willingness to travel and live/work in a rural environment. This position may require you to relocate
- Ability to pass driving record background check (i.e. moving violations, accidents, license suspension, etc.)