Monsanto offers farmers a wide range of products including traits in our cotton and canola businesses as well as a wide range of high quality vegetable seeds and crop protection products. Our products undergo an extensive process to ensure that they will not only perform for growers but also to ensure they are safe for human and animal health and the environment.
Our Regulatory Affairs team are responsible for ensuring we have all the necessary licenses and permits that allow Monsanto to conduct business in Australia and New Zealand, and where necessary to import products into Australia and New Zealand from overseas. They do this by gathering regulatory data and compiling regulatory dossiers which are submitted to Regulatory Authorities in Australia and New Zealand.
As many of our products are regulated and are approved with stringent conditions of use, the team also ensures users of our technologies are compliant with registration and license conditions to ensure that products are stewarded to ensure the sustainability of our technology to growers.
Some of the types of roles that exist within this team include:
- Compliance Manager
- Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Regulatory Affairs Assistant
To be successful in the regulatory team we look for candidates that display many of the following skills and competencies:
- Tertiary qualifications in a scientific or technical discipline
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience with management systems and auditing
- Results drive and solid organizational skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience with legal processes
- Strong relationships-focused, with ability to
- Leverage relationships with external and Monsanto individuals to achieve desired outcomes
- Manage situations with customer that achieve desired compliance outcomes
- Work very effectively with teams and networks across geographic, political, demographic, functional and other cultural and organizational boundaries
- Strong team player, with ability to lead cross functional teams and recognize, respect and leverage the talents of others to meet the business objectives
- Excellent initiative and foresight, with the ability to anticipate and plan for the future
- Demonstrate a high level of comfort with ambiguity
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong computer literacy