You’ve been head of the class and ahead of the curve in your research. Your years of preparation and of practice are destined to make an impact on a global scale. At Monsanto, we’re meeting the challenges of a resource-stressed world to ensure a future – a better future – for mankind. Now you can be an integral part in helping us innovate ways to produce more crop yields that will feed current populations, conserve more natural resources for future generations and improve lives in cultures across the world. In the Emerging Leaders in Science rotational program, you’ll be immersed in a comprehensive, cross-functional experience within a world leader in agricultural biotechnology. You’ll work with and be mentored by some of Monsanto’s most talented scientific leaders – and emerge prepared to lead the way to agricultural innovation.
How Does the Emerging Leaders in Science Program Work?
Monsanto’s Emerging Leaders in Science (ELS) rotational program allows you to apply your research and leadership experience across our Global Technology (R&D) organization. The program consists of three, one-year rotational assignments. Following successful completion of the three-year program, you’ll be placed in a key role within Monsanto’s Technology Organization.
What’s in It for You?
- Exposure to cutting-edge science and technology
- Continuous learning through exposure to multiple areas of Technology
- Lasting coaching relationships with experienced leaders and mentors
- Formalized training to cultivate skills as a complement to on-the-job learning
- Centralized onboarding as part of a “class” of program participants
- Connectivity to and visibility with Technology Leadership Team members
- Placement in key roles upon successful completion of the three-year program
Who Are We Looking For?
We are looking for top scientific talent in one of the following or a closely related discipline:
Entomology - IRM, Trait Discovery & Characterization, Lab & Field Efficacy Testing;
Data Science – Predictive Analytics, Computational Biology & Statistical Genetics;
Chemistry Analytical, Formulation & Chemical Engineering;
Advanced Technology Engineer - Mechanical, Electrical & Process.
What Key Attributes Should You Possess?
- Strong leadership desire, ability and potential
- Solid scientific and technical expertise
- Exceptional communication skills
- Innovation and critical thinking skills
- Strong learning aptitude and agility
- Excellent relationship, networking, and collaboration skills
- Ability and desire to work in a heavily matrixed, team-based environment
- Ability and willingness to relocate